Current policy and procedures
I am currently able to return to face to face therapy with increased hygiene procedures in place.
Naturally, it is the client's choice as to how they wish to partake in sessions, so Online (Zoom), Telephone and Asynchronous sessions will continue as normal.
If clients do not express a preference, my own view is that Face to Face sessions are preferable as it allows for increased rapport and understanding between myself and the client. It also lends to better concentration and the knowledge that we are working together in a controlled and safe environment.
In light of ongoing developments and changing advice from the Government it seems sensible to put some measures in place to minimise risks.
I will be asking all Face to Face clients to:
- wash your hands prior to and after leaving the counselling room.
- use the hand sanitiser supplied.
- bring your own drinks bottles and tissues (as required).
- Feel free to use masks or bring whatever helps you to feel safe.
- Attempt to keep a distance of at least 2 metres from me at all times.
- Allow me to open all doors for you whilst entering and leaving the premises.
Between each client all surfaces and door handles with be wiped with antibacterial detergent.
For any additional requirements or concerns please feel free to contact me prior to your appointment.
Please note that should you need to cancel a session the outlined cancellation policy still stands i.e. if notification is within 24 hours the full rate will be charged, outside of that no charge will be made.
If you need information about coronavirus, please call the free national helpline on 0800 028 2816, and if you need treatment, call 111.